- This event has passed.
Medieval Inspired Watercolors with ShawnaLee
January 20 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$180
Via Zoom: Thursdays 1-3 pm
Jan. 20, 27; Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24
Ring in the new year with this 6 week Medieval inspired watercolor class! Learn and improve upon your current drawing and painting skills as we are inspired by the pear and Campion flower illumination from the Medieval era! Participants will be expertly guided through the process from sketch to completed painting. Our first class will focus on exploring and getting comfortable with the drawing and painting techniques involved followed by step-by-step classes where we create this Medieval inspired painting together – every step of the way! A pdf of our inspired image will be emailed to you for your convenience reference printing upon registration. Classes will be held via zoom.
Recommended art supplies include:
- Watercolors (be sure to have white). I recommend MARIES set of 18, or treat yourself to a professional set such as Windsor and Newton.
- Palette (one area for arranging your desired colors and another one for mixing).
- Mixed media or watercolor paper 11×14 is good size. choose smooth/hot press.
- Scratch paper
- Pencils/erasers – an H or 2B graphite pencil and a kneaded & vinyl eraser
- Assortment of paint brushes including a “liner” & rounds. I like using my #2 ruby satin round, #2narco golden touch liner & #2 marsel 220 round (mop).
- Paper towels
- large rinse cup
For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org www.shawnalee.com